7.13.2010

Allow me to Introduce... pretty little empire

Justin + Will + Wade + Evan make up the local St. Louis band, pretty little empire.

And I love them. (Just in case you didn't already know that.)

I've seen them play at The Chapel, Old Rock House, the Fox Hole, Schlafly Tap Room... and next Monday, I'll be heading to Off Broadway to hear them yet again. I also have their first CD, sweet sweet hands, so I can listen to them in my car, in my living room, in the shower.... wherever I want.

Don't just take my word for it. Here's what some locals have to say about PLE:

"Pretty Little Empire trades in sweet acoustic melancholy, a kind of slow-drip dream-folk that skirts the edges of twang and pop." - Christian Schaeffer - Riverfront Times

"Pretty Little Empire understands the best way to tell a good story musically is to use a little restraint and leave a little to the listener's imagination. I often review just the "highlight" tracks but I found that this album is deep with beautifully crafted songs" - Dedicated Ears Music Blog

Impressed? Now it is time to spread the PLE love (and help me dominate this TJ challenge of course!)

1 comment:

B-Rye Henson said...

I've always wanted to see these guys play! I've seen Will play but not an actual show and Evan lived next to me in the dorms. Small world! Hopefully I'll be in Stl sometime that they are playing soon

Looking for something?

Archives