3.20.2012

Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Buttercream Icing

What do you do on St. Patrick's day once you've finished your errands, installed a new showerhead and caught up on Desperate Housewives?

Make cupcakes!
IMAG0277
I went a little crazy and decided to try making these Guinness Chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's buttercream icing on Saturday night. I mean, seriously, who starts making cupcakes at 9pm? They were actually fairly easy and turned out pretty okay... I'm not crazy about the icing, but I've yet to find an icing recipe that I am crazy about. The cakes are really moist, really rich... it would make a great whole cake or adapted for brownie batter though!
IMAG0266
IMAG0267
IMAG0268
IMAG0269
IMAG0276
IMAG0277
For once, I didn't really stray from a recipe (except adding way more Bailey's than the icing called for). Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives