3.20.2012

The Vine

I love South Grand. 

I'm not sure what took me so long to realize it, given that I've lived down the block in Dutchtown for almost two years now. But South Grand is awesome. In the last month, I've fallen in love with Basil Spice, walked around the corner to Bahn Mi So #1 and this past Sunday, had late lunch/early dinner at The Vine.

They had a nice little patio and it was a beautiful day, so I was already happy.... and then I opened my menu and saw they had chicken shawarma!! Just like I had in Agadir! I was psyched.

We ordered falafels for an app... ummmm delicious. I didn't think I liked falafel until now. Fried chickpea goodness. And it came with pickles and freakin' gorgeous pickled turnips (which I think are gross, but were so pretty!)
IMAG0286
IMAG0285
Then came my entree - chicken shawarma and (a giant plate of) fries. So good! I think what I had in Morocco had more fresh veggies- lettuce and tomato - whereas this one was more pickled veggies, but it was till good. And really big! I probably didn't need the fries or the app!
IMAG0288
IMAG0287
We also had the carrot juice and mango juice (yum!), and Joe had a delicious little cucumber, tomato and onion salad that I'm so ordering for myself next time!

1 comment:

Roots Out West said...

That all looks so amazing. I must go there soon.

Looking for something?

Archives