3.01.2012

Spring In My Step

IMAG0215
It may be a little premature, but I'm wearing my new flats from Old Navy today. Sixty degree weather makes me think of patios and sunshine and grass and evening walks with Maverick at Tower Grove Park. Sigh.

The downside to this abnormal weather? The severe storms that have been happening in the Midwest . You've probably seen the damage in cities like Harrisburg, Branson, Buffalo and other places. If you know me (or follow my blog), you know that my family has a house in Tablerock Lake, near Branson, and that I've been spending my summer weekends down there every year since I was born. Now, we were lucky - our house is in Lampe, Mo., an area that the tornadoes missed. But they did hit in areas very dear to my heart - Kimberling City, Branson Landing, the Candlestick Inn, Shepard of the Hills, the Branson strip, heck, even the Walmart on 76.

How can you help? Visit KY3's website to find out what you can do to help. They have plenty of options - donating time, money, even water and clothes. And, if you are near enough to the area, think about making a trip to Branson in the coming months to help them rebuild their business. I know I will!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

CUTE flats! Jealous!

Lacey said...

I have a pair of those from Old Navy, nude with the black toe. I LOVE THEM. Also, I've been protesting the cold by wearing flats all winter.

Yours are adorable. I may have to go back and get that pair!

Danielle said...

Whoa, I actually just pinned the black and tan ones! I want I want!

Looking for something?

Archives