3.25.2013

St. Louis Fish Fry Season 2013: St. Pius V on Grand


Pius is always one of my favorite fish fries and this year, it did not disappoint. In fact, as Joe and I were sitting there in silence, scarfing down our delcisious food and listening to the Irish music, I was thinking about how great it was and Joe interrupted me with "This is the best food we've had all year." 

And it's probably true. I'll share my 2013 superlatives with you soon - best cod, best variety, best service, best desserts etc - but for future reference, the deets on St. Pius. 

For $8 you get a choice of fish - fried or baked cod, catfish - and THREE sides. I choose applesauce, coleslaw and potato salad (after being impressed by them last year - see, these reviews come in handy!). Joe had the mac n cheese and said it was pretty good too. I had the cod and it was okay. Enjoyable, but the crust was kind of tough. I needed a knife to cut it. Joe really loved his catfish. The dessert selection was awesome - I mean, LOOK at that cake. nom nom nom. 

The band was excellent as always, and this year they sang a special song called, 'We're having a fish fry' and it was hilarious. Any song that uses the word 'delish' to describe fried, battered cod is a win in my book. 

This was my last fish fry this year and I think I'm in denial. 

See other 2013 reviews:

And see past reviews:

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives