4.14.2011

A New Chapter

I have a confession to make.

Ever since the 30x30 Challenge has ended, I've been itching to start posting outfit photos on the blog again.  This is weird and inconvenient for a few reasons...
{1} posting my picture everyday was the main reason I didn't want to do the 30x30 to begin with.
{2} I don't think I'm particularly fashionable and don't want you guys to think I think I am...
{3} I broke my camera. 

But I think I might do it anyway. Not everyday. Just every once in a while. When I feel like it.

Ever since the 30x30 ended, I really do think I put more thought into getting dressed every morning. I have started laying out 4-7 options every Sunday that could get my through the week. I look at the weather and my calendar and figure out which outfit will work the best each day. And sometimes I even plan ahead what shoes and jewelry necklace I'll wear too. It's weird. And out of character for me. But I like it.

And I haven't really been shopping much since my 30x30 ban was lifted! I bought some necessary things - like jeans, boots and a new sweater for Colorado (okay, the sweater was pushing it). I bought some other not-so-necessary things too, but they are staples I've already gotten a lot of wear out of-  a skinny yellow belt, rust-colored flats that seem to match everything, a blue dress I wore for a luncheon and will wear for Easter, a black tee, a gray silk top... Okay, now that I list them, it seems like a lot (and I have my spring wish list on top of that....).

But whatever. I feel like since the 30x30, I am getting more wear out of my clothes. I used to always just turn to my go-to pieces and neglect the rest, but now I'm pulling out pieces I haven't worn in ages or making combinations I otherwise would have ignored. I guess Kendi's 30x30 worked for me.

Any who.... look for some outfit photos coming soon, albeit from my phone and not from a nice camera (or even the semi-crappy camera I was using before).

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives