1.20.2011

Taking on a New Challenge

I just took a giant step in my blogging life and signed up for Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge

Basically, you pick thirty items from your closet and those are the only items you're allowed to wear for thirty days. Oh, and you're not allowed to shop either. It is supposed to teach you to shop your own closet instead of rushing out to buy new clothes all the time. And considering I currently have two full closets and at least six full laundry baskets of clothes laying around my house, I think I could use a little lesson in downsizing.

Now, I know I blog about fashion from time to time, but I do not consider myself a 'fashion blogger.' Which makes this extra-special tough for me. I rarely post pictures of myself on this blog, and now I'm about to post a picture of myself every. single. day. Talk about Danielle-overload. Jeesh.

I've already brainstormed a list of 30 38 45 50 30 items, so I'm going to try to not wear those for the next couple weeks. Because starting February 1st.... those will be my only options (yikes!). To be honest, I'm less worried about the remixing and more worried about missing my other clothes...

Be on the look out next week for a post with my thirty magical items (all the '30 for 30' posts will be under the 'the 30' tag), pending I get some laundry done this weekend.

(If you don't like all the fashion stuff, too bad for you just hang in there. I'll still be posting my regular rants and raves on everything from design to food to music to random YouTube videos.)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'll do it with you if you want ; )

Although, I don't have nearly as many clothes as you do!!

Danielle said...

You should! I bet you have 30 items you could find...

Plus, I've heard it is really good for 'working girls' like you, because it teaches you how to mix and match the clothes you have in new ways. AND makes getting dressed easier because you have a limited wardrobe, you learn to plan ahead, see possibilities in your closet.... do it!

muddybuddy said...

how exciting! i've tried to do my own version of this from being inspired by the creative ways that some of my favorite tv characters dress and layer their clothing. my favorite tv style icon is alyson hannigan's character lily on "how i met your mother." such creative wardrobe ideas!

good luck - can't wait to see this :)

Danielle said...

well.... I'm not sure how 'creative' I'll be. I have a feeling it will be a constant rotation of top w/ cardigan or jacket everyday. Which is pretty much what I wear now...

I AM looking forward to mixing in some pieces I've been slow with- denim shirt, sequin skirt, etc. The items I buy thinking they are so great and then only wear once.... lame. I tend to fall back on my 'go to' items too often.

Looking for something?

Archives