2.24.2014

Meet Willa Mae

So happy to introduce the world to my sweet niece, Willa Mae.
Named for Willa Cather ('My Antonia') and the month of May, the month both her parents were born and met. Weighing in at 5lbs 15.9oz, 19 inches long, and born at 5:02am on February 21, 2014.

I'm pretty much obsessed with her. Didn't think it would be so hard for me to put her down and leave the hospital / DC. I don't want to ever forget a moment of that weekend so that when she's grown, I can tell her all about how I found out she was born when we were just a few hours from DC. How we laughed that she was fussy just like our cat Max (didn't like the light in her eyes, didn't like when you laughed at her). How my parents starred at her sleeping like she was on display at a zoo. How everyone thought she was named after her Uncle Will / Grandpa Bill. How we thought all weekend about what she would call my parents, her grandparents. Would it be 'Papi'? After all, that's what the cats 'call' him.

I get to see her again in a few weeks, and again in May. After that maybe a bit this summer if she can get down to the lake for the very first time. Until then, looking forward to pictures, videos and Google Hangouts.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives