12.01.2011

Yesterday (And Some Deep Reflection)

IMG_0456
dress, tights and belt from Target. cardigan from Tommy Hilfiger. boots by Chinese Laundry. necklace by Scarlett Garnet

It's been a long couple of days. On top of being busy at work, it being 30 degrees outside and the holidays approaching, a good friend of mine lost her father last weekend.

It's made me think a lot of my own life, my own family, my own faith. Her dad was young, younger than both my parents, in fact. He was healthy. He was vibrant and full of life and he was taken too soon.

This past Thanksgiving, I was searching for an excuse not to go to our annual morning football game. I really just wanted to sleep in, hang out with my dog and boyfriend and not be rushed to get ready for the day. I ended up going (because the boy told me he had been looking forward to playing) and I remember thinking about how much the game meant to my Dad. And that, God forbid, if something happened to him this year, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had skipped out on one last football game with him just to sleep in an extra hour or two.

My friend's family plays football on Thanksgiving too. And that's the last time they'll get to play football with their Dad.

1 comment:

jessicaehutson said...

So I was at a craft show here in Austin last weekend and I def saw that necklace. I didn't realize she was from STL at the time! Love it :)

Looking for something?

Archives