7.25.2011

Weekend Adventures: Fishing at Meramec State Park

Last Sunday, I headed down to Meramec State Park near Sullivan, Mo., to do a little fishing.

Yep. Me. Fishing. Hard to believe.

I'll be honest, at first it was terrible. I had to lead Maverick through brush down to the river, all the while carrying a cooler and chairs and fishing poles. And then got my shoes and socks all wet walking through a creek. And then there were spiders everywhere and I hate spiders. Oh, and did I mention it was like 100 degrees outside? Yep, that first beer was much appreciated.

But after a little while, I actually started to enjoy myself. And I caught a fish. Which was pretty freakin' awesome.
IMG_1086
IMG_1089
IMG_1107
IMG_1083
IMG_1116
IMG_1101
And why yes, that is a pink fishing pole. I got it at Walmart for $11.96.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives