6.20.2013

What's Going On.

I've been uninspired to post lately. Am I just busy? Maybe. But I have a 'for the blog' folder sitting on my desktop that is feeling very neglected. I find myself throwing up a few posts here and there with pictures, but nothing as in depth or personal or smart as I (and you) are accustomed to.

So here's what I've been up to lately....

Started doing more public speaking. I spoke about the future of marketing and social media at the FCA conference in St. Louis and then again at the SMCSTL Social Media Workshop. I have been leading social media seminars for an accounting client, teaching their employees about how to use social media professionally and how to contribute to their blog.

Public speaking is something I don't mind to do. It's rather odd, because I used to go so nervous speaking in front of my class. My hands would shake. I would feel like my voice was shaky. But it's gotten easier. I honestly think it had to do with leading chapter meetings in lecture halls in college. I got used to standing up on a stage I guess.

The downside is that it is a lot more work than I think I anticipated. The prep work, the research, organizing the presentation, working with a designer on slides (because apparently, I'm not qualified to create my own...), all it takes is time.

The plus side is that we've added another social media person to the team (hey Ken!) since the speaking is taking up more of our time. I'm hoping that a third person will give us more time for some professional goals I set a long time ago - to refine our research and implementation processes, get Google certified, read more whitepapers and ebooks, participate in more webinars, host our own webinars, blog more, add more value for our current clients, etc. Vague, I know.

Spent more money on home improvement than I have on clothes. Impressive, right? I've bought two rugs from West Elm (for the living room and for the dining room) and a corner bookshelf for the dining room. We inherited a patio set from my parents and bought citronella candles. We got a new roof, and lucky for us - the roofers actually cleaned up our forest of a backyard so it is cleaner than when they started!

Next on the 'wishlist' is a lamp for the living room, a rug for the upstairs landing, rehabbing the bookshelf on the landing, a dresser for the bedroom, and new couches for the living room.

Our lease is up in October, and I'm so not ready to move. I'm trying to make the best of what we've got - even if that includes a tub and sink that barely drains - and even considering a (belated) housewarming party in late summer. If we decide to stay there, that is. I'm not having a housewarming and then moving two months later.

Been busier on weekdays than I am on weekends. Muny Mondays (though it just started), softball Tuesdays, Botanicals on Wednesdays, not to mention meetings for SMCSTL and Lindbergh Schools Foundation. Oh yeah, and grocery shopping or cleaning occasionally, or napping, or watching TV. I barely have time to sit on my couch.

And filling those weekends with trips to the lake. Because, duh. Who wouldn't want to see this every possible weekend?

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives