4.26.2013

Salad in a Jar

I've officially succumbed to the salad in a jar craze that's been sweeping the nation Pinterest. It's just a quick and easy way to throw a salad together and know that your dressing won't get your lettuce soggy after sitting all day. I usually make mine the night before, and as you can see, don't discriminate when it comes to jars. Some people use real mason jars or canning jars - but I've used pickle jars (for big salads), salsa jars (for smaller salads) and even a JIF peanut butter plastic jar. 

My favorite salad 'recipe' is generally something like...
  • Dressing: Balsamic/honey/lemon or poppyseed dressing
  • Fruit/Veggies: Some combination of strawberries and blueberries, apples, celery or red cabbage 
  • Meat: Turkey or ham
  • Cheese: Feta
  • Greens: Spinach / spring greens mix
  • Topped off with Croutons or Crackers

And to be honest - it fills me up! Even when I brought the 'small' salad in the salsa jar. Try it! A quick, easy meal to prepare and probably more healthy than that microwave Lean Cuisine.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives