5.05.2011

Americuh.

I feel like perhaps I've committed a blogging crime not commenting on the death of Osama bin Laden. Aside from a tweet about listening to Miley and a Facebook post about the fake MLK quote, I've made no comment on the subject. I guess I didn't know what to say.

Do I celebrate in the street? Do I quote Team America? Do I (do what other social media junkies did) and talk about how I found out via Facebook and how social media is changing the way we 'break' stories?

Then I saw this post from Lisa M. Engler and knew that it summed up my feelings exactly: 
"Want to pray for the souls of your enemies? Go ahead. Want to chant, “Fuck you, Osama” with a giant mob of college students? Go ahead. The cool thing about America is that we fight against men like bin Laden so that everyone has the freedom to act and react however the hell they want to."
God Bless America.  

1 comment:

Megan said...

good point!

Looking for something?

Archives