7.07.2010

Getting to Know Me

MTV wants me to tell you who I am, so this is the first in a series of posts (all tagged TJ challenges) that will hopefully reveal the 'real' Danielle to you...

In the spirit of my love of all things social media, we're going way back to the winter of 2009 and taking another look at my Facebook 25 Things. There have been a lot of Facebook trends over the years, but this had to be my favorite (yeah, believe it or not, all those Mafia Wars and Farmville updates didn't make it on my list of 'Best Facebook Trends.' Very surprising, right?). I may have written these over a year ago, but not much has changed (confirming #2). 

Preface: It was really hard for me to make this list because (a) I talk A LOT so most people already know everything about me and (b) because it was too hard to narrow down my list to 25 things. I am a very interesting person.

1. I want floor seats at a basketball game. Preferably next to Leonardo DiCaprio or Eva Longoria or something, but I know that is asking a lot. If a boy buys me these tickets, I will probably have to marry him.

2. I’m a creature of habit and hate change. A good example- I have been using the same mascara (Maybelline Full N Soft) my whole makeup-wearing life.

3. I have an extensive collection of lip gloss and lipstick. It's out of control.

4. I think my Dad is perfect. He is the funniest, smartest, most polite person I know. I want to be just like him when I grow up. Except I will never tell my kids to clean their rooms.

5. I am a complete Daddy’s girl and he knows it. All I have to do is my signature pout and I usually get what I want. I believe I am the sole reason we got a hot tub.

6. My family thinks I want princess slippers and a little dog to carry in my purse. That is not the case.

7. There is nothing I love more than sitting in the front of my boat speeding around Tablerock Lake.

8. My life revolves around television and I won’t ever deny it. Seriously. I remember where I was standing the day I found out Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman was cancelled (in my room, leaning against my bunk bed, watching Rosie O'Donnell).

9. Baywatch was my favorite show growing up and I always wanted to look like CJ (Pamela Anderson). I thought she was so pretty.

10. I used to have this great idea for a TV show where Jonathon Taylor Thomas and I were brother and sister, and my friend Kristine and Andrew Keegan were brother and sister. Andrew and I liked each other but it was really complicated because he was my friend’s brother.

11. I love my yellow Neon. It’s like driving a go-kart, which is ironic, because I hate go-karts.

12. I believe I can cure any ailment with NyQuil, DayQuil, Excedrin Migraine, Advil, and/or IcyHot. Throw in crackers, Sprite, soup, and orange sherbert push pops and you are good to go.

13. There is only one man I share a bed with and that is my dog Maverick. Any guy I ever meet/marry is going to have to be okay with him sleeping in the bed too.

14. I do love Maverick, but my dog Bear was the best dog in the world and no other dog will ever compare.

15. My room at home looks like a first graders room. It is sponge-painted pink, yellow, blue and purple. My mom worked so hard on it, I never had the heart to ask for it to be repainted.

16. I have a ‘pink’ pillow that I have been sleeping with all my life. I guess it is more of a brownish color now…

17. This year was the latest I have ever slept in on Christmas morning. We got up at like 8:30 am. Usually I like to get up at like 6am. I love presents.

18. I was obsessed with Ten Commandments as a child. I used to stand on our back deck and throw leaves off saying, “Moses, Moses.” I always imagined that when I became a famous actress I would do a remake and play Nefeteri.

19. I don’t have an iPod. I always just borrow my brother and sister’s old ones.

20. I am not a ‘hugger.’ I hug people occasionally, but usually I just get really awkward and tense up.

21. I used to hate beer. I was even in the facebook group, “I’m not a beer kind of girl.” But then I had Budweiser and it changed my life. I remember where I was the first time I had it. Now I don’t think I could survive without beer.

22. I live in the same house my dad grew up in and I would love to buy it from my parents and raise my family there.

23. I am afraid I might get married in Vegas on accident and it makes me not want to visit there- ever.

24. I always wanted to be president of DG and it was the best decision I ever made. I love Delta Gamma. I love Greek Life. It is one of the most important things in my life. Do not try to fight me on this.

25. My only skill is going to school. I seriously think it is the only thing I am good at, which isn’t promising since I am graduating in May.

Hope you enjoyed learning more about me! If there is anything else you want to know, ask me on Formspring! I'll answer (almost) anything...

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives