6.15.2011

A Pop of Neon

IMG_0608
IMG_0610
IMG_0612
Today I'm participating in the 'Bloggers Do It Better' Neon/Neutral Challenge.... heavy on the neutral. I love this trend (especially pining over those hot pink lips everyone is sporting), but I'm not sure if the clothes I have are 'neon' or just 'brights'. Are those the same thing? Am I over analyzing this too much?

Anyway, I went with a neutral outfit and then added pops of colors with accessories- turquoise necklace, pink braided belt, bright orangish nail polish & blue sunglasses (that I happened to find in my yellow car. BAM).

jeans, top, blazer, sandals, belt from Target. necklace from LinleyShea on Etsy. sunglasses from Claires. 

4 comments:

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

Your right! It is just a little pop of neon. But done so perfectly!

See how a Slightly Vintage Woman wears the Neon+Neutral look: http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/06/a-little-bright-a-little-white-neonsneutrals-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45-bloggers-do-it-better

Danielle said...

Thanks! I'm getting a bit more courageous... I really want to try colorblocking!

Andrea said...

You look SUPER cute!

I love the blazer. Is this one you are wearing?

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Fitted-Blazer-Dark-Camel/dp/B004BE9WQO/ref=sc_pd_gwv_1_title

If so what do you think about the sizing? Does it fit true to size? I want it! :D

Thanks for this blog, it's awesome.

Danielle said...

hm. I'm pretty sure mine is Merona, not Mossimo. I would for sure try on blazers in real life before buying (or make sure you can mail them back!)

Looking for something?

Archives