6.21.2011

Nutella Cupcakes

If you know my baking history.... you know I suck. Most recently (as in, September) I made a funfetti cake that was so salty I couldn't even eat it. Oh, and the butter cream icing? Basically just butter.

I'm not sure why I decided I could make these nutella cupcakes. I'm delusional? It looked easy? Nutella tastes good no matter what? I'm pretty sure it was this picture...
Mine didn't look quite like that..... but Here's the recipe. 

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 cup Nutella, at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 325F.

In a medium bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. The batter will be thick. It needs to be in order to swirl in the Nutella!

Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer, knife or other pointy object. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Tilt them in the pan to help them cool. Makes a dozen cupcakes.

These were great to cart over to a friends' house because I didn't have to worry about the icing smearing all over the place. And I feel like it was easy enough that you could try it with other combinations. Chocolate with peanut butter swirled in, perhaps?

3 comments:

Megan said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH. seriously. my husband is going to love these :)

Kristin said...

Where they good at least!? I hope so because I've been dying to make these . . .

Danielle said...

Yes they were pretty good!

They are kind of dry, not like the typical moist cupcake. That's why I categorize them more like muffins...

Also, the batter is gross! Don't eat it! You won't want to lick these beaters....

Looking for something?

Archives