6.02.2011

Joey B's

I'll admit, I don't show much love for South County. Nor do I show much love for casual dining chain restaurants. My loyalties lie with the city. And with local restaurants (in the city). So when my family decided to visit (the just opened) Joey B's in Concord Plaza... I wasn't expecting much.

To be fair, Joey B's is local. And it is in the city. They've got locations on the Hill and the Landing. I guess I just wrote them off because they don't look 'authentic.' When you've got a menu that has everything - pasta, pizza, salads, burgers, sandwiches, desserts, meatloaf, etc etc etc -you can't really blame me for being skeptical.

But the new location has a nice patio (that I planned on sitting on until I realized I would have to fight off the cicadas. Yikes.) and is close to my parents' house so I decided to give it a try. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised.

The service gets an A+. They just opened and look like they have a lot of people in training - including our waitress. Usually when your server is in training, there is this other server following them around awkwardly. But at Joey B's it wasn't awkward at all. In fact, they both introduced themselves and told us that she was training... and they were super friendly and brought me a new drink every time I was low.

Speaking of drinks.... I had an Arnold Palmer. I forgot how much I liked those. Hmmmm.

The food was equally good. HUGE portions, but good. We had a ginormous stack of onion rings for an appetizer and I had the pulled pork sandwich for dinner. Delicious.

You can bet I'll be back to try their burgers - they won the St. Louis Magazine Burger Bracket!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm expecting food like this next week when I'm in, mmm!

Looking for something?

Archives