I love South Grand.
I'm not sure what took me so long to realize it, given that I've lived down the block in Dutchtown for almost two years now. But South Grand is awesome. In the last month, I've fallen in love with Basil Spice, walked around the corner to Bahn Mi So #1 and this past Sunday, had late lunch/early dinner at The Vine.
They had a nice little patio and it was a beautiful day, so I was already happy.... and then I opened my menu and saw they had chicken shawarma!! Just like I had in Agadir! I was psyched.
We ordered falafels for an app... ummmm delicious. I didn't think I liked falafel until now. Fried chickpea goodness. And it came with pickles and freakin' gorgeous pickled turnips (which I think are gross, but were so pretty!)
Then came my entree - chicken shawarma and (a giant plate of) fries. So good! I think what I had in Morocco had more fresh veggies- lettuce and tomato - whereas this one was more pickled veggies, but it was till good. And really big! I probably didn't need the fries or the app!
We also had the carrot juice and mango juice (yum!), and Joe had a delicious little cucumber, tomato and onion salad that I'm so ordering for myself next time!
- ► 2015 (56)
- ► 2014 (103)
- ► 2013 (123)
- Dear Foodie Events
- I'm Dying. (NCAA Cuteness Edition)
- The Vine
- Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Buttercr...
- Home Shopping... at West Elm Philadelphia
- Happy St. Pat's!
- This Week in Pictures (3.16.12)
- The Great Closet Purge of 2012
- The Vatican: Pope Benedict and the Vatican Museum
- Pinning is Winning at SXSTL
- Ides of March
- A Little Sparkle with Your Polka?
- Pinterest Project #1 (Fail)
- Fish Fry Season! The Beginning.
- Morning Musings (4th Ed.)
- Ancient Rome: Colosseum
- Things To Do Today (Non-Work Related)
- How Did I Not See This?
- Facebook Fan Page Fever
- Leap Day 2012
- Spring In My Step
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2011 (328)