Spring In My Step
It may be a little premature, but I'm wearing my new flats from Old Navy today. Sixty degree weather makes me think of patios and sunshine and grass and evening walks with Maverick at Tower Grove Park. Sigh.
The downside to this abnormal weather? The severe storms that have been happening in the Midwest . You've probably seen the damage in cities like Harrisburg, Branson, Buffalo and other places. If you know me (or follow my blog), you know that my family has a house in Tablerock Lake, near Branson, and that I've been spending my summer weekends down there every year since I was born. Now, we were lucky - our house is in Lampe, Mo., an area that the tornadoes missed. But they did hit in areas very dear to my heart - Kimberling City, Branson Landing, the Candlestick Inn, Shepard of the Hills, the Branson strip, heck, even the Walmart on 76.
How can you help? Visit KY3's website to find out what you can do to help. They have plenty of options - donating time, money, even water and clothes. And, if you are near enough to the area, think about making a trip to Branson in the coming months to help them rebuild their business. I know I will!
- ► 2015 (56)
- ► 2014 (103)
- ► 2013 (123)
- Dear Foodie Events
- I'm Dying. (NCAA Cuteness Edition)
- The Vine
- Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Buttercr...
- Home Shopping... at West Elm Philadelphia
- Happy St. Pat's!
- This Week in Pictures (3.16.12)
- The Great Closet Purge of 2012
- The Vatican: Pope Benedict and the Vatican Museum
- Pinning is Winning at SXSTL
- Ides of March
- A Little Sparkle with Your Polka?
- Pinterest Project #1 (Fail)
- Fish Fry Season! The Beginning.
- Morning Musings (4th Ed.)
- Ancient Rome: Colosseum
- Things To Do Today (Non-Work Related)
- How Did I Not See This?
- Facebook Fan Page Fever
- Leap Day 2012
- Spring In My Step
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2011 (328)