I've been on a zucchini kick lately, craving it all the time. Blame it on summer, blame it on Pinterest. Whatever.
This zucchini side dish (that I made to go with my Honey Garlic Pork Chops) was really easy, really good and really versatile. I made it in the oven, but think it would be good grilled, too. And you can add almost anything into the stuffing you want - different cheeses, veggies, seasoning, even bacon or chorizo, which would make it more of an entree!
- Cut the zucchinis in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon, making a boat. The insides actually come out pretty easy, like a pickle. Set the boats in a buttered baking dish.
- Chop up the zucchini 'guts' and throw in a bowl. Add chopped tomato, some thyme and garlic.
- Sautee some onion and when it starts to brown, throw in some curry powder. Supposedly, curry powder gets bitter when overcooked, so only cook for about 20 more seconds before transferring the onion/curry mix to the bowl with your other stuffing.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream to the stuffing mix and stir it up.
- Dish the stuffing into your zuchini boats. Top with some shredded parmesan cheese and place in an oven preheated to 400.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
Like I said - pretty easy, tastes really good/fresh, and you could add almost anything you wanted to the stuffing mix! Also, I had extra stuffing, which I kept and am going to add some avocado to make a creamy salsa! Yum!
Also pictured: Honey Garlic Pork Chops.