11.01.2011

Apple-Stuffed French Toast with Honey Syrup

Last night was another semi-successful dinner at Casa de Danielle. I made apple-stuffed french toast with a honey syrup (and bacon, of course)... It was super easy, I only slightly screwed it up and it actually tasted good.

I used this recipe as inspiration for the french toast....

  • Line a rectangle or square dish with bread, top each piece with apple pie filling (or whatever filling/fresh fruit you want to use), bits of cream cheese and cinnamon and then put another piece of bread on top. 
  • Mix 6 eggs, 1 cup of milk, some vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and pour over the bread. 
  • Put in the oven (preheated to 375 degrees) for 35 minutes or until set. 
(Just a side note: The casserole dish I was using was a little big for the four french toasts I was making, so I lined it in foil, put the french toast on top and then folded up the edges to keep the batter on the bread. Genius, right? But I didn't grease the foil at all, so the bread stuck to it, making it a total mess and ugly. Hence, no photos. Good effort.)

And then for the honey, I found this simple recipe using water, sugar and honey over medium heat; and I added in a little extra apple pie filling and a pinch of salt. It was kind of runny, but still a nice compliment to the french toast. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives