Plus - they were SUPER easy. I mean, cut a sweet potato into big chunks, cook in butter for a minute and then wrap in bacon? So easy. And unfussy ingredients. We actually prepped it all beforehand, and then popped it in the oven just as people were getting there so they'd be hot.
- 2 tbsp butter
- Ancho chili powder, salt, pepper, honey or brown sugar
- 2 medium garnet yams, scrubbed (leave the skin on), cut into about 30 chunks
- about 10 strips bacon, cut horizontally into thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chili powder, salt, black pepper and honey or sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Add the yam chunks and stir well to coat them in the butter mixture.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then transfer the sweet potatoes to a clean plate and allow to cool.
- Wrap each yam chunk with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place seam-side-down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat until all the yam chunks have been wrapped.
- Bake the wrapped sweet potatoes for 40-45 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the sweet potatoes are tender.
Recipe (and picture) from BrokeAss Gourmet