12.06.2011

I Had A Nervous Breakdown

IMG_0500

black sweater from Gap. jeans from Target. boots by Steve Madden. scarf from Weathervane (RIP. I loved that store.)

Last night, I had a nervous breakdown inside a Walmart. 

I went there for a rug and to get fixings for dinner. They didn't have the rug I was looking for, nor did they have the fixings I needed for dinner. I filled my cart with things I didn't necessarily need or want. I tried thinking of other things I could make for dinner out of their severely limited grocery selection. I abandoned my cart about four times, intending to leave, before I finally parked it in the sock aisle and high-tailed it outta there. (Apologies to the poor worker who had to return all my items to their correct shelves all over the store...).

I'm not sure what happened. I've been second guessing a lot of decisions lately and I think that it really got to me. I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't know if the things I wanted were really worth it. I didn't know if I was even in the position to be saying I wanted certain things. (Is there a term for the equivalent of 'vague-booking' on a blog? 'Vague-blogging?')

And now that I'm thinking of it.... I might need to rethink how I categorize things on the blog. Turns out, pretty much every one of my posts is becoming a random rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Quarterlife Crisis" and "Conquering Your Quarterlife Crisis" both by Alexandra Robbins
They really are good reads!

Looking for something?

Archives