1.24.2011

Practice Makes Perfect

I've really been stressing about taking pictures of myself for the 30 for 30 Challenge. First of all, I'm not a good photographer. And second, I don't live with anyone to take my picture, so I have to rely on timers and level surfaces that are the exact height to get me/my outfit in the picture.

Oh, and I broke a button off my camera last week so now I can't adjust the settings. Oops.

This weekend, I set out to practice a bit. Let me show you how it went. (Hint: Fail.)
Attempt #1: Mirror. A bit blurry, right? Like I said, some settings are messed up and I can't change them. Erg. Oh, but please notice I'm rocking the shorts/tights look (first timer!). But please try not to notice how my shorts are bunching up like a diaper in this pic... 
 Attempt #2: Self timer. I didn't know what to do with my hands. But doesn't my outfit rock? You're missing a view of the mismatched socks (It was laundry day).
Attempt #3: Back to the Mirror. This time, without a tilt; but with a weird look on my face. 
Attempt #4: Self-timer again. These pictures are obviously better quality, but we've got a new issue. Maverick gets really excited when I'm standing in the middle of the kitchen smiling and tries to jump on me.

2 comments:

Kara @ Unusual Form said...

I love your shorts and tights look. I take all my outfit photos using self-timer and a tripod. I find that the tripod makes a world of difference and they are relatively inexpensive. I got mine at Target for $15. Looking forward to following your 30 for 30 progress.

Danielle said...

Yeah, it is hard to tell from the photo, but they are brown with beige stripes, paired with off white tights, camel boots and black socks, and a black tee and black cardigan. I just like neutrals I guess.... ha!

I just may have to take you up on that tripod idea!

Looking for something?

Archives