2.24.2015

Travel in 2015

We're only two months into 2015 and I already have all my travel plans set for the year. (Seriously, do not even try suggesting another trip to me  – even if it's "just" a long weekend!)

I was just in DC this past weekend for my niece Willa's first birthday, but that wasn't much a trip. 

  1. The weather. It snowed 8 inches. And we got a flat tire. 
  2. The trip was just for babysitting and Willa's birthday party. We didn't get out much. 

For the others, I've already got the Pinterest boards set up, the AirBNB wishlists saved and all the city guides I can find bookmarked. I heard once that we release more endorphins planning for vacation than we do while we're actually on them, and I'm sure that's true for me. #overplanneranonymous

Austin for six days in March for SXSWi. Technology, digital trends and all the tacos I can eat.

Savannah in April for a girls' weekend with my mom, sister, sister-in-law and niece. Average temperature range in April is 56-80, which is everything to me right now. 

Finally, making the trip to Nashville for a bachelorette party in May. Now, to buy cowboy boots or to not buy cowboy boots.

Summer weekends at the Tablerock Lake with my friends and family, including a longer trip when my sister, brother-in-law and niece visit in July.

This one is still tentative – but hopefully a weekend in DC in August to (you guessed it) visit my sister, brother-in-law and niece. Most trips to DC are overwhelmed with family, and it doesn't feel like I really get to see the city (or more importantly, brunch). Plus, I have never been to DC in the summer so it'll be nice to actually go outside!

And finally – this is the big one – a 10-12 day trip to the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, B.C. Canada). I'm nicknaming this trip "wine, beer and waterfalls."

This all seems overwhelming (for my wallet and time off work), but sadly, it doesn't even cover where I wish I was going. There's no weekend in Memphis. Or a trip out to North Carolina's Outer Banks to visit my brother and sister-in-law (which I'm totally bummed about). Or a non-work summer trip to Austin. My Pacific trip doesn't extend far enough south to see the Redwoods or Napa Valley or San Francisco. And I always say that a yearly trip to Colorado is good for my soul. There's no exotic beach vacation. And there's no trip abroad.

Alas, there's always 2016.

1 comment:

Roots Out West said...

What a great line up! I too am visiting Nashville for the first time this year. Very jealous of the wine, beer and waterfalls trip!!!

Looking for something?

Archives