2.12.2015

Morning Musings (13th ed.)

You know why my neighborhood is so great? Someone posted in NextDoor yesterday that the neighborhood coffee shop was struggling, and this morning when I went in it was more crowded than I'd ever seen it. I know it is only one day, but still. Way to go, Shaw.

What if you just drove to work with a big smile on your face. I mean, sure, some people would think you were crazy. But maybe it would make some other people smile. And that's a much better way to start the day, right?

Remember that what you read or see on the internet is a curated life. Even mine. We pick the photos. We choose the words. Not to mention the fact that we all have "personal brands" to build and protect these days. There's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes we forget and think that everyone else is perfect and happy and lives like that all the time. And they don't. I promise you, they don't.

Since listening to Serial, I've really been getting in to podcasts. Current faves are Slate's Working, New Tech City, Start Up Podcast, Reply All and Dinner Party Download. I also try to listen to This American Life and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me each week, just to stay relevant. I know I should write more about these podcasts and what they're about and why I like them, but in case I forget... now you know.

I started doing yoga a few months ago and love it. It has changed my life. For real. I should write more about that, too.

Was cleaning my car out last weekend and found my lost Regina Spektor CD. Fun fact: I actually lost this CD a few years ago and found it my car some months later, only to do that again for a second time. For the record, this time it was way in the back of my trunk almost stuck under the back seat. Listening to Eet like it's my job these days in case I lose the CD for a third time.
 

And yes, I understand how irrelevent losing CDs is in this day and age. I don't care. I'm old school.

1 comment:

Roots Out West said...

1. I too listen to CDs. My car doesn't have an aux port.
2. I want to hear more about pod casts. I've been meaning to start listening to Serial.

Looking for something?

Archives