9.12.2013

Visiting Mesa Verde on Labor Day Weekend

On our Labor Day Weekend trip to Colorado, we spent the morning one day exploring Mesa Verde. We only did one tour – Cliff Palace. I wish we had done a couple more, but we were both exhausted and had quite a drive ahead of us still as we were spending the afternoon in Durango. 

The Cliff Palace tour was fun (and less 'strenuous' than I expected). Our Ranger talked a lot about how what they ate, how they hunted and survived, which I think was really interesting to Joe. I was too preoccupied with the hundreds of birds flying in and out of the cliff above us, the kids that I thought were going to fall in the kiva and anticipating the climb up the narrow cliff to exit. 
Mesa Verde also has a lot of scenic look out points to stop at on your drive up the mountain. Getting there was more driving than I anticipated, so these little stopping points were nice. 


No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives