I'm house sitting (slash dog sitting slash cat sitting) for my parents. It's sort of a nightmare and reminds me that I am so not ready for children and/or a puppy friend for Maverick to play with. My schedule this morning was something like this:
- Wake up every hour because my parents' mattress is hard as a rock and I'm sharing the bed with two dogs and three cats.
- Crawl out of bed 30 minutes early to account for the longer commute.
- Let the dogs out. Go out in the chilly fall morning to feed them... barefoot. Brr.
- Go downstairs and feed the cat. Freak out when I can't find the one who sneaks out the back door all the time.
- Find said cat.
- Let the dogs in. Maverick doesn't come. I freak out (that's #2, if you're counting). Go out in the yard, still barefoot, to find him. Cold, wet grass on bare feet in October is not the same as it is in July, FYI.
- Shower and realize they are out of conditioner.
- Brush teeth, wash face, dry hair, do my makeup... you know, the usual. But now, I have a cat standing on the sink meowing at me for water.
- Get dressed. Realize I left a bunch of clothes out in my car. Make due with a cardigan, scarf and T-shirt to avoid going outside again.
- Hit every stoplight on the way to work.
And all that without coffee.
One day down. Four more to go.