7.14.2017

I have a journal with weekly prompts/lists. A while back it asked about my hopes/dreams/plans for the future, and one of the things I wrote that I wanted was to fall in love again.

Lately, I've been thinking that I'd also like to fall out of love again. I know it seems crazy to hope for heartbreak -- especially knowing how grueling it was the last time. But (a.) if I'm heartbroken again it means I truly loved again. And even more than that, it takes all the power away from the first heartbreak.

Was listening to this episode of Why Oh Why and that's what got me thinking about the power that our great loves have over us -- our first loves, true loves, deep loves, long lost loves, forbidden loves, whatever they may be. That we continue to pine for loves that maybe, had they lasted, wouldn't have been so great after all.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives