12.31.2014

Reflections on 2014

I should be getting ready for a NYE party right now, but Happy Endings is on and I'm in my PJ's and sucked into some of the 50+ open tabs on my desktop instead.

This year kind of felt like a stagnant one. I was looking back at some of the blog posts from this time last year (to see if I made any resolutions...) and realized most of what I wrote then are still relevant now. Have I really not changed at all in a year?

I'm still messy. I still oversleep. I still overspend. I'm still lazy. I still want to travel more. To keep in better touch with out-of-town friends. To make more time for in-town friends. I've got a handful of professional goals I don't feel like I've made any progress on this year. So yeah, that's great. I still pretty much have the same haircut and same clothes. The same boxes are still sitting in the corner of my bedroom and same walls are still empty.

But you know, some things have changed.

I've been working on "being present" with (IMHO) some success. I've become a pretty okay cook, thanks to Plated. I've kind of, sort of, taken up yoga. And I don't hate it. I've started to favor red wine to beer (so adult!). I have less "bad" days than I had a year ago, though they still pop up from time to time. I've grown up enough that I realize I'm not one the "kids" using Snapchat, and that's okay. I almost finished a book (reading it, not writing it). I've started to not hate tea (who cares if this happened in the last few days...). I've bought furniture and home decor and pots and pans and a lot of Christmas decorations. I took a kickass trip to Colorado... that pretty much drained my bank account, but I'm still glad I did it.

I almost bought a journal today to propel me in some sort of personal growth, but alas, I decided to save the $10 and put it back. I'm still sorting out what my resolutions for the year are, or if I even have any. But I guess I have a few more hours to procrastinate on that.

For now, I guess I need to shower.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives