9.24.2014

Amnesia

Those days when you hear a song that so accurately describes your life that it kind of freaks you out. Hearing this one – exactly a year later – really hit home.


I remember the day you told me you were leaving 
I remember the make-up running down your face 
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them 
Like every single wish we ever made 

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia 
And forget about the stupid little things 
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you 
And the memories I never can escape

The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone 
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone 
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around 

It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on 
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long 

It's like we never happened, was it just a lie? 
If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 

'Cause I'm not fine at all

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives