8.19.2014

Summer, Lately

My usual busy-body self has spent the last few weekends in St. Louis with an open agenda. This means I have been filling my days with stops at the TG Farmer's Market, coffee at home, afternoon drinks with friends, naps with Maverick, even a hike at Castlewood. 

It feels unbelievable that summer is almost over.

In the summers, I play softball at Tower Grove. We start in late April and play til mid-August. Looking ahead, it always feels like the longest season ever. Like we have forever to get our groove, win some games. At the (beginning and) end of the season, the games are pushed up 15 minutes to account for shorter days. This year, when that time rolled around, I was stunned. Summer is coming to an end?

Last weekend was our end-of-the-year tournament for softball. This weekend, I'm having a(n almost too) late summer BBQ. The following weekend is Labor Day Weekend – the official end of summer. (For the record: I used to consider LouFest the end of summer, but then it moved weekends, so I know I think of it as a kick-off party for fall.) 

I know I didn't waste my summer, but still wishing I had more days. 

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives