8.03.2011

Soulard Coffee Garden

The last two Sundays, I've found myself at Soulard Coffee Garden for brunch. I'm not sure what took me so long to visit since I {a} love breakfast and {b} love Soulard.
IMAG0461
IMAG0469
The Coffee Garden has a cute little downstairs that feels more bakery-esque, with counters lined with bagels, muffins and other carb-loaded goodies. Perfect for grabbing a morning coffee (and snack) and reading the newspaper your iPad.

But then head upstairs and you've entered your new favorite diner. There's lots of space - tables for larger parties, booths for smaller - yet, it still feels cozy. The first time I went, we sat by the windows and as I looked out over the tree-lined street (Geyer), I felt more like I was in someone's home than a restaurant.

But don't want to be stuck inside when the weather is nice? Need some fresh hair to cure than hangover? They have an awesome patio too (hence the name, 'garden'). Unfortunately, Saint Louis is being taken over by Satan right now and I haven't braved the heat to sit out there. But soon, my friends, soon.

And now... the food. I've had the eBLT. Twice. It's just light and fresh and perfect for summer. I guess it is safe to say I'm hooked. Friends have had the hash (it was okay) and the biscuits and gravy (it was 'BAM!' - that means great, if you're wondering). I'm also eager to try the french toast and cornmeal blueberry pancakes!

My only complaint is not having found an iced coffee I like. I've tried the iced white chocolate mocha and the iced latte. Neither one beat Park Avenue or Benton Park Cafe. Maybe I should just stick with mimosas- they bring you a baby bottle of champagne with it!

1 comment:

กาแฟสด Aorabika Coffee said...

Sawasdee ka *-*
I come to visit you blog naka
lily

Looking for something?

Archives