8.29.2011

Morning Musings (3rd Edition)

I wish I had Questlove's DJ set from Loufest to listen to this morning while I got ready for work.

Why did Energizer discontinue those phone chargers if they are so awesome? And why didn't I think to bring mine to work with me? (PS: If you weren't at LouFest, you probably won't understand. Sorry).

I'm heading to Baltimore in a couple of weeks for work and was trying to think of pop culture references of the city. The only ones I can think of are The Wire and Hairspray. I'm expecting a lot of violence, racism and dancing.

I used to use Starbuck's French Vanilla blend for my iced coffee, but today I ran out and had to start using my Vienna blend. Whoa. Big difference.

Is August really ending already? Summer - come back!

Why can't people just talk normal and call things what they are. [Vague, I know. I'm not going to get into it.]

I think the stray cats in my neighborhood and banding together to make a fierce alley cat gang. I never see just one anymore, they are always travelling in packs. In freaks me out.

Speaking of animals banding together, I've been thinking a lot lately of all the animals movies where the animals get smarter and kill humans (think Rise of the Apes (which I just saw and freaked me out), Jurassic Park, Deep Blue Sea). And then someone told me about this movie Idiocracy where all the dumb humans have more babies than the smart ones and eventually were a society of just dumb people.... so basically the opposite of the animal movies. That freaks me out.

No comments:

Looking for something?

Archives